Identity theft is nothing new, from the case of Arnaud du Tilh – a French peasant who was executed for impersonating Martin Guerre in the 16th Century to Frank Abagnale’s exploits as a fake airline pilot in the 1960’s, as documented in Steven Spielberg’s excellent Catch Me If You Can. Until recently, identity theft was only for ultra cocky confidence tricksters like The Talented Mr Ripley, but since the world went digital, everyone is wide open to having their identity stolen by criminals and cybercriminals alike. According to the 2016 Identity Fraud Study, 13.1 million Americans were victims of identity fraudContinue reading
Recent Ransomware Newz
- RansomwareNewz Desk – Bad Rabbit Special
- In other RansomwareNewz: Sex, Crime, Nudity & Revenge!
- Ransomware, Data Breaches, I.D.Theft & The Future
- RansomwareNewz Desk – Equifax, Russian Kangaroos, NATO
- 6 Ways to Protect Yourself from Identity Theft
- Trump declares October Cybersecurity Awareness Month, 13 years too late
- Fight Ransomware like you’re defending your Castle
- RansomwareNewz Desk – Equifax And FedEx Are Fed Up
- Which industries will Ransomware hackers strike next?
- Get to know your Hackers! The Psychology of Ransomware