If you haven’t already noticed, we love our metaphors here at RansomwareNewz HQ and often find the easiest way to explain security and tech issues to laymen is by including easily understandable conversational landmarks – often sports or TV or movie analogies. And, after the authors of the Locky malware peppered their VB script with Game of Thrones references, that got us thinking… Ransomware is, after all, the modern-day equivalent of catapulting a dead, decaying cow into your computer network. BEWARE OF GEEKS BEARING GIFTS Before you go thinking that we’ve lost the plot, the briefest of history lessons – SomeContinue reading
Recent Ransomware Newz
- RansomwareNewz Desk – Bad Rabbit Special
- In other RansomwareNewz: Sex, Crime, Nudity & Revenge!
- Ransomware, Data Breaches, I.D.Theft & The Future
- RansomwareNewz Desk – Equifax, Russian Kangaroos, NATO
- 6 Ways to Protect Yourself from Identity Theft
- Trump declares October Cybersecurity Awareness Month, 13 years too late
- Fight Ransomware like you’re defending your Castle
- RansomwareNewz Desk – Equifax And FedEx Are Fed Up
- Which industries will Ransomware hackers strike next?
- Get to know your Hackers! The Psychology of Ransomware