In a week that saw WannaCry rear its ugly head again, causing Honda to shut down production at a major plant near Tokyo and hacking group “CyberTeam” claim responsibility for what looked to be a DDoS attack on Skype, one story demanded our attention more than any other. South Korean web hosting company, Nayana was hit by ransomware on June 10th. Over the next two weeks, it emerged that 153 of the Linux servers hosted by Nayana were affected, locking up almost 3,500 client websites. Ouch! The hackers demanded a king’s ransom of 550 bitcoins ($1.62 million) but NayanaContinue reading
Recent Ransomware Newz
- RansomwareNewz Desk – Bad Rabbit Special
- In other RansomwareNewz: Sex, Crime, Nudity & Revenge!
- Ransomware, Data Breaches, I.D.Theft & The Future
- RansomwareNewz Desk – Equifax, Russian Kangaroos, NATO
- 6 Ways to Protect Yourself from Identity Theft
- Trump declares October Cybersecurity Awareness Month, 13 years too late
- Fight Ransomware like you’re defending your Castle
- RansomwareNewz Desk – Equifax And FedEx Are Fed Up
- Which industries will Ransomware hackers strike next?
- Get to know your Hackers! The Psychology of Ransomware