If you thought the Equifax data breach was as bad as digital security got… think again. The Atlanta-based credit report company only leaked the personal information of 143 million accounts – that’s almost one out of every two Americans but Yahoo managed to lose the email addresses, birthdates, telephone numbers and passwords of THREE BILLION subscriber’s details. THAT’S ALMOST HALF THE WORLD! To make matters worse, while Georgia State laws meant Equifax bosses could keep news of the hack quiet for over a month (while they sold company shares) the Yahoo cyber attack occurred in 2013 but wasn’t disclosed until December 2016. Yahoo’s breach isn’tContinue reading
Recent Ransomware Newz
- RansomwareNewz Desk – Bad Rabbit Special
- In other RansomwareNewz: Sex, Crime, Nudity & Revenge!
- Ransomware, Data Breaches, I.D.Theft & The Future
- RansomwareNewz Desk – Equifax, Russian Kangaroos, NATO
- 6 Ways to Protect Yourself from Identity Theft
- Trump declares October Cybersecurity Awareness Month, 13 years too late
- Fight Ransomware like you’re defending your Castle
- RansomwareNewz Desk – Equifax And FedEx Are Fed Up
- Which industries will Ransomware hackers strike next?
- Get to know your Hackers! The Psychology of Ransomware